Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

I hope everyone had a fun Halloween! I went to a nearby Halloween store and couldn't decide on what to dress up as. Everything I looked at just had a ridiculous price tag to it that I didn't think was worth buying. So I opted out on buying one this year and went to a nearby Hobby Lobby and bought fabric to make everything at home. The boyfriend and I decided to dress as Wilma and Fred Flintstone. Most people couldn't tell what I was without him so I made sure he was glued to my hip the entire night.

Making this was fairly easy. All I bought was 4 different colored fabric needed for our costumes (white, orange, black and blue). Everything was hand sewn with the exception of the black pattern my boyfriend hot glued on his costume. Making my costume was more difficult than my boyfriend's because it was tricky trying to get it to accentuate the figure of my body whereas my boyfriend was cut straight down like a potato sack. I thought I did pretty good for my first time. It was really fun doing it and what was more fun was seeing my boyfriend burn himself with a hot glue fun :) haha jk!



What were YOU dressed as for Halloween this year??

<3 pocketfulofapples

9 comments:

  1. super cute outfits! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!! :) great job, girl!

    i was catwoman (julie newmar), my husband was robin & our son was batman. haha

    come by later, i should have a post of it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! I got a lot of compliments on your costume this year...thanks cuz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool! you did such a great job with both costumes and what a fun project :) and your dress is totally the perfect shape. so cute!

    love kat
    www.paperdolltheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH a cute costume!! Love it! Check out my blog if you have time ! XOXO

    www.cestlaviii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEEHEE, oh my! You two look absolutely adorable! I love it. We went as corporate drones, which isn't nearly as cute :)

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute, much better than just buying something overpriced from a store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely :)

    your neweest follower Michelle
    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete